APlus Professional Team
As well as being an entrepreneur and the business mind behind APlus Translations, Viena speaks 5 languages fluently. Away from work she loves to travel and recreate the world’s cuisines in her own kitchen.
Albert is one of our Localization Managers and also fluent in 5 languages. His 6 years working in quality management systems provides our team with invaluable attention to detail. His love of language extends to writing his own fiction outside of work.
Iwona is another one of our Localization Managers. With economics as a background, and without prior experience in Localization, Iwona Garbarczyk rapidly adapted to her role as Localization Manager. Her responsiveness and attention to detail are stellar. Iwona is a digital nomad who loves to travel and explore the unknown.
Katherine (aka Kat) studied translation before she became a dedicated project manager with APlus. When she isn’t taking care of your projects, she enjoys trying out different ethnic foods, and then works it all off by running and trekking around her native city of Lima.
Miguel is THE DTP guy. Having worked for 15 years in the field of localization, he can handle any script out there. He is also a family man and revels in new technology.
APlus Translations Inc. has established a commitment to environmental stewardship, setting the bar beyond complying with laws and standards. At APlus Translations Inc. we are committed to being a positive force for enhancement of the environment, especially in how we manage our offices and resources.
List of the internally promoted eco actions:
- Avoid presential meetings and use videoconference technologies instead
- Paperless. Reduce paper consumption by utilizing web technology.
- Avoid printing unless it’s important to do so. And when that occurs, choose double-sided printing whenever possible.
- Use recycled paper when paper is needed
- Plasticless. Reduce use of any plastic.
- Recycle and put waste in the proper places. In particular, electronics, printer cartridges, batteries, paper and bulbs.
- Use reusable containers for food instead of disposable items.
- Use a reusable water/coffee/tea bottle and not buy bottled drinks.
- Use rechargeable batteries whenever possible.
- Turn off the lights when leaving office for more than 15 minutes.
- Turn machines and devices off at night.
- Use energy efficient lighting.
- Adjust the thermostat for optimal cooling and heating
- Use a reusable coffee mug and buy Fair Trade Coffee when available.
- Put a plant in your office if possible.
This pledge is shared to all employees and internal collaborators
APlus Translations Inc.